Wednesday, October 11, 2017

It's Only Wednesday



Can you believe it's only Wednesday and I have already made 3 cards?

First up is this hot little number using the sketch at AAA Cards #100 (I rotated it 180 degrees).  The stamps I used are PTI Some Like it Hot, and the colors are hot and spicy as well, as I am also playing along at Less is More #349: Hot and Spicy Colors.  See the little green leaves---they are really chili peppers (just kidding).






Next up is a card inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #242 and the Flower Challenge #13: Use Your Favourite Flower.  Well, this is the hardest challenge in the world because I have so many flower stamps I love, and it is too difficult to pick just one favorite.  I decided to use the large bloom from Friends Till the End, as it is one of my oldest stamps and I keep coming back to it again and again (that's love, right?)

I was feeling kind of lazy and so I just colored the flower by sponging with Distress Worn Lipstick.




Per the instructions at The Flower Challenge, if I win I would like the prize from either The Ton or Neat and Tangled.  Thanks.


Last up is a get well card for a little boy who is about to have surgery--to let him know I am thinking of him.  I am entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Thinking of You.  I used the PTI Comic Strip Cover Plate and MFT Jungle Friends dies.  I think he will enjoy the googlie eyes on the animals.





Thanks for Visiting

13 comments :

  1. One beautiful tropical card! One CAS pretty in pink card! And one super duper cute with those googley eyes! Lots of fabulousness Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous florals, Joyce ... and those cute little googly eyed critters are just adorable ... sure had me smiling! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, Joyce! I love how you're so good at using older products in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous, and I LOve that darling little bloom appearing in our gallery, Joyce... thanks for playing cards with CTS this week! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hibiscus are wonderfully spicy, Joyce, and that comic card is so much fun with the bright primary colors and google eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trio of delightful cards Joyce and they are all so different too. Your hot and spicy hibiscus flower card is so beautiful and I think the addition of the chilli peppers as leaves is a stroke of genius! I absolutely love these flowers and have loads in my garden. Thanks so much for letting us see this beautiful card at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! Love what you have done with the sketch for AAA Cards! Those flowers looks amazing! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fabulous! Love those hot vibrant tropical blooms, gorgeous! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous set of cards. Your flowers in hot and spicy colours are bright and vibrant and so beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun flowercards, but the little boys card stole my heart... just perfect to give him strenght! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous set of cards Joyce, love your entry to THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, beautiful sponging of this pretty pink.
    Thank you for sharing on our gallery and good luck.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous hot and spicy color palette on your first card and I love the softness of your ink blending on the bloom! How clever you are to use your 'Comic Strip' cover plate on those adorable jungle critters...fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all 3 of your cards are fabulous :) thank you for playing along with us at the simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...