Sunday, September 24, 2017

With Sympathy


I had a chance to make a card this weekend, and when I saw Kim's beautiful inspiration card over at MUSE #234, I knew I had to play along.

Here is Kim's inspiration card.

Kim's Inspiration Card


I was inspired by Kim's design, her blue flowers with green leaves and a pop of purple, and her die cut sympathy sentiment.  You can see that I kept pretty close to Kim's card.

I wanted the die cut sentiment to be the only die cut on the card, so I did a lot of masking to get the two flower clusters stamped with their leaves.  I cannot tell you how nervous I was stamping the last few things--worried I'd make a smudge or mistake at the very end.




I was also playing along with PTI Make it Monday #297: Mixing Florals, so I combined flowers from Gran's Garden with leaves from Herb Garden.  True confession--I think my leaves are really parsley!

I am also playing along at Addicted to CAS #120: Florals and CAS on Friday #117: Use a Die cut.




Thanks for Visiting

22 comments :

  1. You've CASEd Kim's fabulous card perfectly Joyce, this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Joyce. I love those deep, rich colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parsley and Gran's Garden flowers look beautiful together and I didn't see a single smudge either! Lovely, lovely card Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your parsley and Gran's Garden flowers look beautiful together and I didn't see a single smudge either! Lovely, lovely card Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parsley? Thanks for making me smile :) Your flowers are gorgeous, Joyce! Such a beautiful mix and your sentiment is perfect! Such a lovely take on Kim's inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parsley or not, Joyce, those delicate leaves are lovely with the bold blooms ... a fabulous combination! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the depth of colour, stunning card Joyce and hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. On both the little tough of purple is so elegant and fitting for these kinds of cards; not to much, not to little; just right! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is one of the most beautiful, soothing sympathy cards I've seen. Terrific stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Love the rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is stunning! I love the deep blue flowers -- so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your CASE of Kim's card. Using different flowers and parsley ;) makes it your own lovely creation, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning Joyce...so in love with your beautiful card. I had so much fun making my card at your house using all your incredible supplies. So happy you played along with us at Must!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so pretty! :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stamping and great masking on your gorgeous card Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is gorgeous! I love both your card and Kim's! I need to get around the blogs more, I missed Kim's card too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joyce another gorgeous card, you used the perfect colours for this. Your masking is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, well done! Lovely flowers! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!
    Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...