Friday, March 14, 2014

Clean & Simple Card Making 3: Day 3








I've got a quick post this morning of two cards I made for Day 3 homework.

I used a Heidi Swapp stencil, a MFT Label die I found in my stash, and 5 different colors of Distress ink for this card.  Believe it or not, it was really quick to make.  My sentiment is from SU Send a Celebration.  I am trying to pull out older stuff that I either have never used or haven't used in a long time.  All my sentiments are stamped in a sentiment binder, so it is not that hard to find my older sentiments.  It's fun to discover stuff I forgot I had.




I pretty much copied the sample card for my next card.  Unfortunately, I did not have any dies that would work, but I was able to use my T-ruler and an exacto knife to make the masks I needed.  The stamps are from WPlu9 Fresh Cut Florals.  It was fun to play around with them in a random pattern and not have to worry about organizing a bouquet, which is always difficult for me.  I probably should take a flower arranging class some day.  I found the purple longer flowers hardest to line up, especially the first two layers.  If you have any hints for me, please leave them in the comments.  I definitely need help with this set.


That's it for me.  I am still behind in this class, but making progress through the tutorials, and am learning a lot of good new stuff.


Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. These are beautiful! I love the floral card. Such dimension on a single layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty !! Love the bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Joyce. I love your blending of the distress inks on the first one and that fabulous stamping on your second one.

    So I decided to sign up for the class after seeing your fabulous cards the other day with the in-laid die technique. And unfortunately I don't have any tips for the floral set you used as I haven't even used my set once. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful, Joyce. I, too, had to cut my own mask to make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce...both of your cards are just fabulous! I plan to get up to date before the end of the weekend. Love that stencil card and those colors are so pretty. And your use of the fresh cut floral, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combination on your masked card. The background layout is done so well it looks like designer pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they both turned out great! The long purple flower looks good to me. I bet the class is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are so fantastic Joyce--I love how well you stenciled! In awe and now i know how it's done! Have to catch up on the class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wonderful, Joyce ... such gorgeous colours on the stencilling ... and what a burst of spring vibrancy on the florals card! The hyacinth images are perfect as they are ... the petals are just like that IRL! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these!!! How fun is that stenciled card! Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. NO classes needed! I love the floral background you created. I think it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. My. Gosh! I thought that banner card was a piece of fancy schmancy designer paper underneath. I didn't know you had created it by stamping it all. That's just so fabulous. I loved the card as soon as I saw and now I love it all the more knowing all the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea I was SO behind with my blog visits! Love your gorgeous cards, especially that special very recognizable one!! TFS all our class projects which always provide lots of inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice cards. Great idea to hand cut your own mask.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...