Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Birthday and Sending You Sunshine





I am playing along today with the last Cloud9 Blog hop, where the theme is 'anything goes'.  I used this week's WPlus9 Monday Mood Board for inspiration.  I loved the color scheme this week, and was also inspired by the ribbon on the small top panel in the photo.








My next card uses the overlapping Ombre stamping technique taught in this week's Make it Monday #120 and is inspired by the 'yellow' challenge at CASology #48.    When I think of yellow, I think of sunshine.  I used every shade of yellow ink I had--PTI Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Memento Cantaloupe, and SU Crushed Curry and More Mustard--to make the sunbeams on this card.  The sentiment on this card is "Sending You Sunshine" and that is exactly what I hope to do when I send this card to Maddy.  Here is a link to more information, if you would like to send a card, too.  And here is another place to link your card for Maddy.





Supplies Used (PTI):
Happy Birthday
Stamps:  WPlus9 Fresh Cut Floral, Strictly Sentiments #1
Paper:  White
Ink:  Harvest Gold, New Leaf, SU Pretty in Pink, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Fresh Cut Floral Dies, Aida and Canvas/Linen Impression Plate, Heart Border Die, Harvest Gold Satin Ribbon

Sending You Sunshine
Stamps:  Hello Sunshine
Paper:  White
Ink:  PTI Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Memento Cantaloupe, and SU Crushed Curry and More Mustard, Memento London Fog
Other:  Sunshine Impression Plate


Thanks for Visiting



22 comments :

  1. Both cards are lovely but especially the one with the new Fresh Cut Florals. Don't you just love that set?! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, this is just beautiful! Those WP9 flowers are stunning and really make a fabulous card. YOur background paper you stamped is wonderful too and looks so great with that embossing. Maddy's card is so fun and sure to brighten her day with a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce your WPlus9 is so fantastic! I LOVE the yellow, it is paired perfectly with the green and your design is fabulous. So brilliant to create the ombre sun says. Thank you so much for sharing this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards! (And that Wplus9 set is on my wish list!) I see you just *had* to do one more ombré card! You're right--they sure are fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that floral card...
    absolutely gorgeous!
    Colors...
    layout...
    those hydrangea's...
    they're gonna sell me this set eventually! :)
    And a fabby card for Maddy...
    full of sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful! I love how you used Fresh Cut Florals on your Wp9/C9 design. The colors and bow are just SO pretty.

    I'm also loving how you embossed your stamped layer on your YELLOW card. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have ombre colouring down pat Joyce and I love the texture on that card. The first card is so stylish and fresh. Love a bright yellow to cheer up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamping on your sunshine card Joyce...lined up perfectly and they all blend so well together. I love that you added the sunshine impression plate too. Your WPlus 9 card is one of your prettiest...love that you added a pretty yellow bow to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love them both Joyce - The stamped background on the first with that pretty yellow bow is gorgeous, and the sunshine is so happy and fun! I love all the shades of ink you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious, Joyce ... love how you've created the stamped and textured border. Maddy's card is full of cheer and sunshine ... so happy! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Joyce! I ordered the Floral set from Wplus9 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. The shipping details say that it cleared customs yesterday... so I'm hoping I'll get it by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those w9 plus floral stamps are perfect for your pretty card. Lovely card for maddy - you can polish your halo now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards, Joyce. I noticed the ombre one at the MIM gallery and had to check it out. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have few images stamps but I managed to use a sentiment one to enter the MIM challenge for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of that ombre technique with the various shades of yellow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are wonderful Joyce, you are such an inspiration! Thanks for playing along with Wplus9!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderfully cheery card for Maddy, Joyce! Love how you created all that sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! Love the floral layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh ,wow I love the Wp9 card,I keep saying no more flowers , but you are tempting me. Your MIM is fun design too,love the yellow tone in that one. Thanks for letting
    Me know I won.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great cards! I especially love the WPlus9 one, your use of the new florals is just beautiful! I also love how you added the embossing.

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your WPlus9 card is just gorgeous! Love how you used the new set. The embossing is a great addition and I really like the added ribbon! The sunshine card is wonderfully stamped and will certainly bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce, both cards are gorgeous but I am so in love with the layout of the flowers on your first card, as well as the colors. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are amazing!! But that sunburst one for Maddy is just fabulous!! Love it!!

    Thank you for making a card for Maddy! I am sure she will cherish it!!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...