Friday, April 26, 2013

Retro Sketches #60, Muse #14, CAS-ual Fridays #99, Simon Says Stamp








Happy Friday.  It is almost the weekend and I am looking forward to lots of warm sunshine.  I have two cards today.  The first one is for this week's Retro Sketches RS#60, where I get to CASE Deanna's beautiful card.  Yay--I love CASE-ing Deanna.  I am also submitting this card to CAS-ual Fridays CFC99:  Birthday Bash, and Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes.  This is such a great sketch, and this card is one of my favorites of the year, so far.









My next card is for this week's Muse Challenge #14, where we have this beautiful inspirational card from Virginia Lu.  I was inspired by her colorful floral background and masked circle for her sentiment.  I used PTI Beautiful Blooms II in Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst and Hawaiian Shores to stamp a colorful floral background, and used a sentiment from Avery Elle Framed Fonts inside my masked circle.  I impressed the panel with the Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, and used Ranger white enamel dots and bling for the flower centers.

I am also submitting this card to CAS-ual Fridays CFC99:  Birthday Bash.




Supplies Used (PTI):
Retro Sketches
Stamps:  Sketched Shapes, Natural Beauties, Embroidered Blooms
Paper:  White, SU Baja Breeze, Pebbles Walnut Grove
Ink:  SU Baja Breeze, Tempting Turquoise, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Spellbinders Circle Die, Turning a New Leaf Die, Linen/Canvas Impression Plate, Twine, Sakura Gel pen

Muse
Stamps:  Beautiful Blooms II, Avery Elle Framed Fonts
Paper:  White
Ink:  Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, Ranger White Enamel Accents, bling 



Thanks for Visiting

26 comments :

  1. Hello, Joyce! Your stamping is superb! I love the textured look of this card! It's so beautiful! The sentiment works so perfectly with this design, too! So glad that you join the fun with MUSE Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... two beautiful cards! I can't decide which to pin/case first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Joyce. I love them both. I have never used the second step stamp of Natural Beauties, it is gorgeous. You Muse is so pretty and great set to use with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joyce. These are amazing. I love your flowers on both. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very beautiful cards. I love the flowers with the pattern paper for the Retrosketch card. The background you created for the Muse card is beautiful and so colorful. The background texture give the card some personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards - love the palette & patterned paper on the first one (and that gorgeous flower of course).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baker's twine + chevron combo on the first one is really catching! Totally a great layout, agreed. And love how you're still making an impression on your one layer floral cards (figuratively and literally!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came to leave a comment for the Muse card - love it,so beautiful. I like the subtle embossing.

    And your first card - just stunning - love the pp and the colors! Great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 lovely cards! Great take on the Muse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, just beautiful...love all of your card but your Retro Sketch card is amazing and you are so smart to match your twine with the chevrons of your paper...just so clever! Your flowers are amazing too, the colors are so pretty! Your Muse card is so fun and very festive, bright and bold colors really make your sentiment stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both beauties! :) I'll be honest, I have tried making cards using not the retro sketches sketch and the muse inspiration this week and struggled somewhat - in still not happy with how they turned out - but you've made it look so easy I don't know why I can't do the same! Thank you for the extra inspiration, maybe mine will turn out better next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely musecard.And the texture is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both great. I love the colour combo on the first one though, really classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are lovely, Joyce, but that first card is a real show-stopper! I love how perfectly coordinated the twine is with the chevron paper, and your stamping is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both fantastic, Joyce, the balance on the first is just so perfect, I could look at it for hours! The Muse card is so bright and vibrant ... wonderful texture! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I came over to tell you how striking and beautiful your MUSE card is in the thumbnails, Joyce, and I got a treat of another strikingly beautiful card!! A lucky day for me!! I love how you matched your twine to the chevrons on the Retro delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards, Joyce! Such beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Joyce, you rocked this sketch! Tend to agree it's one of my favorite cards, too. The colors you chose for your Beautiful Blooms are so bright and cheery. Masking the circle for your sentiment is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see why the first card is a favorite of yours. It's stunning!! The flowers are gorgeous and I love the colors. Love the bright colors in the second card too. Both are beautifully stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful!! i really need to try this sketch because every card I have seen using it, I've loved!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally gorgeous! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both fabulous card, I love you colour scheme and beautiful flowers - perfect with the twine.

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are both very pretty cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog and for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both so different, but both such beautiful flowers! Wonderful coloring on the first, and amazing stamping on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two beautiies Joyce but your RS card is da bomb!!! those colours are just gorgeous together :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...