Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mostly Hero Arts Today










I've got a few cards to share today.  The first 4 are for this month's Hero Arts Challenge.

This first card is also for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge CFC97:  Chevrons & Flowers and the brand new Fusion challenge.  I used the picture for the Fusion challenge.




I was most inspired by this card of Kelly's--I love how she made a large flower the focal point of her card.  I created a chevron background using Irresistibly Ikat, and fussy cut a flower and leaves from Hero Arts To/From Petals.  My colors of bright pink and orange were inspired by the photo in the Fusion challenge.


My next three cards came about because I just got some new Distress Inks, and was eager to play around with them.  I've been seeing a lot of collages this week because of the Make it Monday collage video.  I realized that I recently won a Hero Arts stamp called London Background that had a collage already built into the stamp.  I embossed this stamp three times--in white, clear, and black, and then used different colors to blend into a background.  Interestingly enough, I did not keep track of which was white embossed and which was clear embossed, and now I can't tell which is which.


The Distress Ink colors on this card are:  Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord.





The Distress ink colors on this card are Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Milled Lavender, and Tumbled Glass. 




The Distress ink colors on this card are Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, and Milled Lavender.






My last card is for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS#22.  I needed to create a card for a teenaged boy--so I pulled out a brand new-to-me pack of Simple Stories Awesome papers and Framed Out and Grunge Me stamps.




There is only one more day left for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything Goes challenge, and I will be submitting all 5 of these cards. 






Thanks for Visiting

19 comments :

  1. Joyce, I love your CAS-ual Fridays card with the large flower and ikat background! Beautiful! And all of your distress inking blending is phenomenal. You are a real pro! And Grunge Me is so perfect for boy cards. It is the reason why I bought it. Thanks for sharing all of your crafty creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Joyce, you've inspired me to get in my stamp room…now. All of your cards are very well done and you met the challenges with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy today Joyce. Your cards are all fantastic. I LOVE how you used the ikat for your chevrons, you are certainly making me want this set aren't you. Your sponging is gorgeous, very pro and I think now I am falling for the grunge stamps. Thank you so much for joining us on the first Fusion Hypothesis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've had some good crafting time! Your cards are all lovely. And I love what you've done to answer the Fusion challenge - great use of the colors and a fun way to add the chevrons. Thank you so much for joining us in our first Fusion challenge. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, you have been very busy and what an amazing array of wonderful cards. Your Fusion card is stunning and that flower, wow that stamp is wonderful. Your collage cards are incredible and love the look of that new distress ink too and those stamps so perfect for that trio of Mother's Day cards. Looking forward to see what you do tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need to pick up some black embossing powder!! love your cards, especially that fun flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fabulous Joyce, what beautiful colours with those distress inks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one busy woman!

    I love how you were inspired by Fusion....that flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I have to say I love what you have done with the distressed inks. I have no idea how on when to use them but they look great on your cards. My son Richard just had a layover in London on his way to Germany for work. Love your Flower fusion card that turned out beautiful nice that you can also enter it in CASual F. Beautiful work here Joyce as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of all those elements on your CTS card - a definite 'grunge' feel (I mean that in the nicest way! lol!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL WORK! Thanks so much for linking up with us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stamping Joyce!
    So glad you joined in the fun for the first FUSION hypothesis :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The patterns are wonderful! So glad you joined us for our very first Fusion challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty cards! You did a wonderful job on them. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the vibrancy of your CAS-Friday card! It's super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was one of those take-my-time-settle-back-and-enjoy-the-beauty posts, Joyce! I kept scrolling down, then back up, then back down ~ they all blew me away! You defo rocked your inner Kelly with your big blossom card; the London background was a perfect choice for your wonderful DI stamping; and your CAS(E) tag card is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, you've been busy creating lovely cards! i like the grunge feel you've created! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete
  18. JOYCE!! Love your big flower! The details look amazing, and the colors, with the flower center that ties in with the side stripes, work so well together. And how CLEVER of you to use the ikat arrows for chevrons. Of course, they work perfectly! So glad you joined the CASual Fridays Challenge AND the brand new Fusion Challenge : )

    Also love how you played with the distress inks and tried out different combinations. Another great "Joyce post."

    PS, so flattered that you took inspiration from my card. Totally made. my. day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO in love with that Hero Arts flower, Joyce!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...