Friday, March 29, 2013

Challenge Cards



I have been out of my craft room for 2 days, and it felt like forever.  It was so nice to get back to 'work' (or play) and whip up a few cards for some of my favorite challenges.

It's Laura Bassen day on the blog today--my first two cards are inspired by this super talented gal.




My first card uses this week's color scheme at the Color Throwdown CTD235, and I followed Lauren's video tutorial on the Hero Arts site here on partial die cutting. 







Next up is a case of this super sweet card of Lauren's. I used the colors from this week's ColourQ cQc#182







My next card is for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS #21.  I am trying to use what I learned in last week's Pattern Play class--I broke into another patterned paper pad for this card.






My last card is for this week's Seize the Birthday STB#11.  I used the scraps left over from the card above to make this card.  It is almost impossible to see that I embossed the card base with the Numbers Impression plate--but you can see it in person.  My husband's birthday is Monday (no foolin') so I need to decide which of these cards will be for him. 








The challenge this week at Simon Says Stamps is Anything Goes, so I will enter all of these cards over at SSS, too.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Birthday Wishes
Stamps:  Hero Arts Envelope, PTI Wonderful Words Birthday
Paper:  White, Autumn Rose
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Scarlet Jewel
Other:  Wonderful Words Birthday die, Ellen Hutson Sequins

Hello
Stamps:  Sew Simple Borders
Paper:  White, Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Winter Wisteria, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist
Other:  Wonderful Words Hello die

CAS(E) This Sketch
Stamps:  Fresh Squeezed Subway Series Basics, Market Street A Bit of Burlap
Paper: Kraft, MME Come Away with Me
Ink:  Kraft, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  MFT Fishtail Flags

Seize the Birthday
Stamps:  Hero Arts Birthday Messages, Birthday Style
Paper:  Kraft, MME Come Away with Me
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Vintage Tea
Other:  Lil Inkers Balloon Dies, Numbers Impression Plate, Twinery Twine, Birthday Style die



Thanks for Visiting

21 comments :

  1. Great showcasing of both Laura's brilliant style and patterned paper, Joyce! Happy Easter! xo Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce,
    It looks like you made up for lost time from your craft room. Great cards. I especially like the first one using the wonderful word birthday. Very pretty. Grat colors too.
    those ballons cut from the pattern papers are too cute. I still haven't used this set. Need to get moving as PTI will be having another release soon. Maybe after Easter, I can start with some birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Joyce. I love how you did the birthday die cut in the first one and the balloons in the last one are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the balloons for your husband Joyce...love the way you distressed the edges with ink and I think it is an all round well-balanced card with the balloon strings hanging down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure made up for lost time! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-213.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-213.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun cards!!!! Love them all!!!

    You left a comment on my blog regarding the Natural Bakers Twine and Copics...I'll throw that into a blog post for next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards ! Love your layouts
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Happy Easter. Have a lovely break.

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the partial die cut - definitely going to check that link out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards - I love the bold sentiment and masculine feel of your CTS card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! Love your cards!!! Love your angles and your selective die cutting looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards Joyce! You have been busy! Love all of them especially the Hello one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of patterned paper and such a fun collection of cards!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are all wonderful! LOVE that technique on your first card. Will need to try that. Today. LOL!

    thanks for playing along with us at STB too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fabulous cards....love your CAS style and what beautiful papers, colors, and details!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great cards!! i especially love the CQC card!! so glad you joined us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You obviously slid this fantastic post in while we were chatting on FB and I missed it. So many beautiful cards for so many challenges. Fantastic Joyce! Your colourQ stitches are so perfectly lined up. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of fun cards, Joyce, those x's must have taken a bit of time to color in! Thanks for playing at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, I'd say you got your money's worth with that Pattern Play class - all of these projects are beautiful representations of your lessons! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...