Thursday, May 17, 2012

Make it Monday and Color Challenges


This week's Make it Monday MIM#66 has a great tutorial by Ashley about making felt flowers from border dies.  There is also quite a bit of good information about how she puts her cards together from sketches, so have a look when you get a chance.

I made two cards using this technique, one for each daughter.  I was fortunate enough this week to see two color challenges that each seemed perfect for one of my girls.  Both of my cards were inspired by (OK, copied from) a card I saw this morning by Kara.

This first card uses this week's ColourQ CQC#137.  I interpreted the colors as Amuse Slate, PTI Winter Wisteria, Simply Chartreuese, and Hawaiian Shores.  I used PTI Vine Die to create my rolled flower out of Hawaiian Shores felt.  The flower looked a little small after rolling just the cut vine portion, so I used the cut away piece and rolled that part around as well.  This card is for my youngest daughter. 

ColourQ



My second card uses this week's Color Throwdown CTD192.  I interpreted the colors as Amuse Slate, Sweet Blush, Orange Zest and Hibiscus Burst.  I used the PTI Heart Border die to make my flower out of Hibiscus Burst felt.  My older daughter will get this card.  She loves pink (and smooches). 

Color Throwdown





Supplies Used (PTI):
ColourQ
Stamps:  Sending You, Flower Fusion #9, Paper Smooches Word Salad
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse
Other:  Vine, Double Ended Banner Dies, Felt
Ink:  PTI Winter Wisteria, Simply Chartreuse, Versacolor Turquise, Amuse Slate

Color Throwdown
Stamps:   Sending You, Flower Fusion #9, Paper Smooches Chit Chat
Paper:  White Sweet Blush 
Other:  Heart Border, Double Ended Banner, Flower Fusion Dies, Felt
Ink:  PTI Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, Amuse Slate & Shell




Thanks for Visiting

25 comments :

  1. they look so pretty in your bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!;) So glad you joined us at the ColourQ this week, Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Joyce, simply lovely stamping, and such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Joyce! My first reaction is to CASE them like I always want to do with your cards. Amazing blooms and the perfect stamp set to use for your background. Lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards! in two great color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so beautiful! I'm usually not a purple person, but that Winter Wisteria is so lovely. I'm sure your girls will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful. Great stamping. Love the flower rolled from heart die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the color combos, design, and how the border flower is a perfect accent -- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are both so lovely, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo cool! LOVE your cards!
    Have a wonderful week-end, hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love both of these. you did a beautiful job with both of these great color combos with these large splashes of flowers! Your felt flowers came out beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful bright colors Joyce. The felt flowers are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh , I really love both cards. How sweet of you to make them for the girls! Beautiful stamping Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...both of these cards are incredible!!! I love the colors and the way to stamped them, so creative and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both cards Joyce. I'm sure your girls do too. That heart border makes the perfect little rose. Great job on all the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty color combos!! Your felt flowers are great and I just love the color combos. Did I mention I love the colors???!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce I really like both cards! I never thought to use this stamp like this..thanks for the inspiration. Glad you joined us again this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards. Love how you created the backgrounds with the flower stamps. Looks so modern for young girls. I am sure they will love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome CAS cards and use of the CQ colors! Thanks for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sure created some great patterned paper for these cards Joyce, the stamping is just perfectly done. Your felt flowers look just like you bought them, I especially like the blue one as it is a little different than the usual felt flower. Very pretty, the girls will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards, Joyce, in both sets of colors, I really like them! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun cards, Joyce! That Kara sure has gorgeous things to CASE, doesn't she? ;) I love the little flowers you made, and the boldness to the stamp you used, so bright and happy. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous design! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both cards are beautiful...love how you used all the colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...