Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Get Well Soon


I am playing along with this week's CR84FN color challenge of red, brown and kraft.  I just love this color combination.  This card is headed to one of my mother-in-laws, who just confessed to having a bit of surgery last week.


I made the flower using the Bloom Builders die on a piece of rustic white paper stamped with Background Basics: Newsprint in SU Real Red ink.  You can't really tell what is on those petals, but I think it just looks a little more interesting.  I embossed the sentiment on the bottom of the card to give it a little more pop.

Here is a peek at the inside of the card:




Come back again later.  I'll have another card with a different take on the same color challenge.

Supplies Used (PTI unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:  Button Boutique, Simple Sentiments, Background Basics:  Newsprint, Think Big Favorites
Paper:  Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Rustic White
Other:   Dies:  Button Boutique, Bloom Builders, Doily (courtesy of Cathy), XL Rick Rack, Woodgrain IP


Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. I like this! That flower with the newsprint pattern, even though you can't tell what it is has a really neat look to it. You did a great job with that bloom builder die flower. Oh, and that doily, someone very talented must have slaved over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Joyce! Love the way your stamped over the flower! Fab idea! Red looks great over the kraft/brown :)

    PS - thanks for the comment on my card before! Just to give you the answer to the mystery, it was a die cut into the card. I do admit I had a second look at the photo after reading your comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors together - so warm and cozy! The flower is beautiful, and I'm drooling over the red doily :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration, Joyce. I love that you stamped the newsprint and then die cut the flower. It gives it so much character. And I absolutely love the red doily. I don't recall having seen a red doily in the past . . . this red doily has me thinking about how I can use one for Valentine Day cards. (And I haven't even finished my holiday cards yet so I am really jumping the gun here).

    **June K**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I forgot to add (got so excited about your card) I hope your MIL is on the road to recovery.

    **June K**

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to stamp the newsprint on the cardstock and then cut it out with the BB#3! A great alternative to patterened paper!
    Beautiful card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super get well card - I do like the bloom and the woodgrain effect, and the doily is stunning! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Joyce! That red doily is striking and love the newsprint flower! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, LOVE the newsprint on that big bloom! FAB detail and really does make it more interesting! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Joyce. I, too, love the newsprint although you can't see it. I love text on flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the newsprint. Looks awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card and the flower. The flower is great stamped, love it. Hope your mother in law is feeling better. I love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce, your card is LOVELY, inside and out! Fantastic use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. jOyce this is so pretty! I love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...